Right-Click "View in Browser"

Mar 11, 2009 at 1:10 AM
Can someone please tell me how to open up a blog page from Visual Studio when you right-click and then select "View in Browser" when wanting to view a page - it'd make it a lot easier for making a theme.  I can get the blog running if I run it directly off IIS7, but when trying to run it from VS2008, it gives me the following error:

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Which I've seen other users get, but the solutions don't seem to work for me... I am just trying to add it to an existing website project so I put the '/blog' folder with my other site, any help would be appreciated.

Mar 11, 2009 at 1:29 AM
Nevermind, got it working was just missing one setting in VS2008, please no one spend any time looking into this...
Mar 11, 2009 at 6:56 AM
what was the solution...or setting you missed?
Mar 11, 2009 at 10:33 AM
I've never really worked with IIS before, any ASP.Net stuff I've done, I'd just open up a new project/website and run it on .Net's own little local server instead of running it from IIS, so I just tied IIS to my website directory and then in VS2008 I tied that so it would run it from IIS - So in VS2008 Website > Start Options > Server - Use Custom Server

Like I said, I'm new to IIS :-D