Publishing a post that has been in Draft for Awhile

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:30 AM
I generally work on a blog post for a week or two before publishing it. However when publishing at a later date I've noticed a couple strange things:
  1. If I just go ahead and check the 'Publish' checkbox and leave the 'Set publish date' as automatic, my expectation would be that it is immediately published with the current date and time. However I have found this isn't the cast. If I go to the main blog page the new post isn't there.
  2. So I always end up having to go back and set the 'Set publish date' to the current date and pick a time that is in the past. It seems that in this scenario the date and time should default to the current date and time, but it always comes up as when the post was originally created.
Not sure if these are bugs or not but I would say these might be good usability enhancements.
Aug 26, 2014 at 5:09 PM
We're using BE 2.9 and we experience the same thing. I'm not sure why the "Date Published" is always set to "Date Created". That would seem to defeat the purpose of creating drafts to be used at a later date. Is this a "bug" that can be fixed easily?