View All Comment's in control panel?

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer, Controls
Apr 5, 2009 at 9:24 AM
Hi All,

I think it would be nice if had a section in the admin panel where you could see all the comments that have been posted to the blog and check if they are approved or not. I believe wordpress has this feature and I think it would be handy for anyone who recieves a few comments a day on there blog.

Is this something that could be created as an 'add on' or does it need to be built into the framework for the next release? I would be interested to know your thoughts on this feature.

Apr 5, 2009 at 4:12 PM
You can use Commentor ( now and most of it's functionality will be integrated in BE later.
Apr 6, 2009 at 9:22 PM
Edited Apr 6, 2009 at 9:23 PM
Commentor works, but doesn't add itself to your admin panel. Fortunately, adding it there is relatively easy once Commentor is installed. Edit the Web.sitemap file and add this line 

<siteMapNode url="~/User controls/Commentor/Admin.aspx" title="comments" description="" roles="administrators" />

Once that's in there, you'll be able to get at the Commentor panel from the admin panel without having to go through Extensions first.