Blogengine 1.5 release date?

Apr 5, 2009 at 6:14 PM
Hello all.

I'm just curious, and can't wait to know, when version 1.5 will be released?. Will it support ASP.NET MVC also?. Any comment or highlight or any news will be appreciated. It has been a long time.

Cheers,
Pinaki
Coordinator
Apr 5, 2009 at 7:27 PM
There will be a release candidate for 1.5 coming out shortly.  Assuming there's no big problems with the RC, within the next couple of weeks, 1.5 RTW should be available.
Apr 5, 2009 at 8:16 PM
Hello Ben.
Thank you for the prompt reply. But honestly, this is the answer I' hearing for months now. I'm just wonderinh why such a long gap now, since 1.4.5 release?. It's nearly a year now. Are there any complications that is holding this, or maybe the team is waiting to implement MVC in the next build?.

I'm ok with 1.4.5 but seriously, I still could not find a really nce theme that is usable, and something that does not look like the site was done by a 7 year old kid. Any idea, where I can get good, professional looking themes?. The subject of my site is music (I'm also a DJ).
Coordinator
Apr 5, 2009 at 8:26 PM
True ... it's been several months since 1.4.5 was released.  During that time, new features were being added to BE and bugs worked out.  As of a few days ago, we're no longer adding any new features to make the RC available.  The RC is going to basically be what you see as the latest changeset available to download on the Source Code tab above.  Since many people have been using these changesets over the last few months, there shouldn't be any surprises in the RC that would prolong the release of 1.5 RTW.

For themes, there's the theme pack containing 13 themes.

There's also a bunch of themes with live previews here.

And here's some more themes (there may be some overlap with the themes at the previous links).
Coordinator
Apr 6, 2009 at 4:49 AM
For anyone wondering, BlogEngine.NET 1.5 Release Candidate 1 was just released a little earlier.
Apr 7, 2009 at 11:51 AM
great... I saw yesterday the announcement

what about upgrading from the 1.4.5 version? just copy new files?
what's your advise? better wait for the final release?

thanks
Paolo
Apr 7, 2009 at 12:01 PM
Hello all.
Good to know about the update. But I've having problem running this on IIS 7 (Windows 208 server). I keep getting web.config errors. Any ideas?
Coordinator
Apr 7, 2009 at 6:47 PM
@paologalli: I upgraded my blog from 1.4.5 to 1.5 RC1.  Since I had not customized any of the BE files other than my custom theme, upgrading was easy.  I just copied all the 1.5 RC1 files into my blog.  EXCEPT for the web.config file, robots.txt file and the entire App_Data folder.  I'm using XML storage.  If you are using a DB backend, there's an upgrade script.  I think that's all I needed to do -- pretty painless overall.

@pghatak: Any detailed information on the errors you are getting would be helpful.
Apr 8, 2009 at 8:57 AM
@Ben: thanks a lot. I'll do like you, I don't have any customized file on BE