BlogEngine 1.5 RC1 not displaying my theme

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Apr 6, 2009 at 4:51 AM
Whenever I go to my blog at here. You don't see my theme that I used. I used a default theme that came with it. Can anyone help me? I'm hosting with GoDaddy.
Coordinator
Apr 6, 2009 at 5:15 AM
It looks like you're on IIS7 at GoDaddy.  Are you using the latest Web.config file that came with BE 1.5 RC1?  Or your old Web.config file?

Check to see if you have a <system.webServer> section in your Web.config file.  If you do have one, try replacing it with the one I posted here.  If you don't already have a <system.webServer> section in your Web.config file, try adding that one I posted into your Web.config file.  It would go towards the end of the Web.config file -- right before the closing </configuration> tag.
Apr 6, 2009 at 5:22 AM
BenAmada,

OMG, you are a life saver... I thank you sooooo much... That totally worked for me.   Know of any other sites that have BlogEngine themes?
Coordinator
Apr 6, 2009 at 5:31 AM
Glad to hear that worked.  For themes, I just posted 3 links for themes earlier today (4th post in discussion).  They're not necessarily BE 1.5 themes, but 1.4.5 themes that will work in 1.5.

By the way, were you using the Web.config file that came with 1.5 RC1?  Did you not already have a <system.webServer> section in your Web.config file?  Just curious ...
Apr 13, 2009 at 1:50 AM
Worked for me too. I'm on GoDaddy as well and had same exact problem.
Coordinator
Apr 13, 2009 at 1:57 AM
Thanks for the feedback zvolkov.  We actually just updated the web.config file in BE 1.5.0.5 today so it uses the system.webServer settings that are working for you.  The final 1.5 release should include these changes so all BE users will benefit from these improvements.
Nov 20, 2009 at 6:44 AM

I'm   unable to post  the comment  in to my blog  ( http://www.blogbzz.com )

so please help me