Posts aren't available to anonymous viewers

Topics: Business Logic Layer
Jan 26, 2014 at 8:23 PM
Hi
I've installed and deployed to Windows Azure latest version of vanilla blogengine.
I've created a test post successfully, I can edit it and all of that. It is published and is identical to "welcome" post on "Posts" page.
The problem is that only I can see it, anonymous viewers see only "Welcome" post. I'm unsure what else do I need to configure to let them view test post, do you have any suggestion?
Coordinator
Jan 26, 2014 at 10:55 PM
This usually happens when server time differ from your local time. There is time offset setting in the admin you can change to sync them, it is 0 by default. Offset is in hours, positive or negative.
Jan 27, 2014 at 6:20 AM
How can I determine correct offset?
The server is in MS Azure, in "Europe West", which apparently is Netherlands, UTC +1, I'm in UTC +4, but I tried +3 and -3 without much success.
The curious thing is that when I write and publish dummy post, the "Published on" with 0 offset is 17 minutes behind my time - 10:01 when I have 10:18; I have time synchronization with Internet turned on locally so it must be server with the wrong time
Coordinator
Jan 27, 2014 at 4:26 PM
You can output server time to any label using server-side block with DateTime.Now. In your theme for example. It is pretty common for servers to have poorly managed clock.