Feed Rotating

Apr 8, 2009 at 9:31 PM
Hey guys,

Is there any way i can make the feeds rotate mong themselves??

eg : Theere are 10 feeds i want them to show up randomly among themselves like advertiements.

I believe an asp.net ad rotator can be used for that but i m not sure if that can be used in blogengine.net code??

Please someone help me out with this query.....

Apr 8, 2009 at 10:21 PM
Since BE is built on ASP.NET, I'm pretty sure an ASP.NET ad rotator control can be used within BE.  I'm not familiar with the ad rotator control, but you can look up some examples in the documentation and try implementing it.
Apr 8, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Hey Ben,

Thanx for replying...

For using Ad rotator control i will ahve to add the add rotator control to the .aspx page. Now since the feeds are generated by Syndication generation.cs, i m confused so as to where to add teh rotater control. I would research a little bit more on the ad rotator and blogengine code and get back to you....

Please you could sugest me any other way of doing it. may be tomorrow I would describe what exactly i need ... as i am sure my question wasnt clear.

Thanx for replying and sorry for bugging you.

But just that i am an amateur programmer so need some starts from professionals.

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:25 PM
I'll be lookin into this for the version of BENet that i'm on. 3.1.x... something or rather. I also want to make an add rotator module that allows me to control frequency and weight of the ads. Might be a bit more involved than i think right now... we'll see.