Problem with 'forgetting' plugins BE 2.9

Topics: Controls
Mar 10, 2014 at 3:47 PM
We are having trouble with our BE 2.9 installation and plugins. In fairness, 2.8 was similar but not as bad. We have recaptcha enabled, along with the SocialNotify plugin. The former will work for a while then stop working, even though it is still enabled. The latter does the same. We don't have a large number of plugins installed so I can't be sure if it's specific to these plugins or a general fault.

The thing that bothers me is that an IIS reset does not always cure it, nor does a server restart. It's as though the system 'forgets' what plugins it has loaded.

This is running on Server 2012 R2, x64. Previous versions were running on Server 2008 R2,.

Any suggestions as to what might solve the problem would be greatly appreciated.
Mar 11, 2014 at 9:43 PM
Not clear on what exactly not working, but my guess is that you do have extensions listed in admin UI and Recaptcha shows up on the page, so app "remembers" about them. The issue probably when plugin is trying to execute JavaScript and fails. Could be because you have error on the page that blocks call plugin trying to make. This would explain why IIS reset does not help, it does not changes anything on the client side where error is. I've seen similar when 3rd party bookmarklet stopped working throwing script error and it broke comment form. So I would dig into FireBug/DevTools instead of IIS.
Mar 20, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Hi I am working with Rik on this, it seems to me the issue is at the server end not the client. The reason I think this is that we can have the SocialNotify and Recaptch plugs working, but with no changes to the IIS server or blog configuration they stop working as if they are not loaded. An IIRESET seems to have no effect, but strangely they may start to work again later. We just can't see a pattern.

We have enable logging on blog engine, but this does not seem to show anything.

It is worth mentioning that we run a aggregated blog, could this be a factor? We have seen an issue with editing settings on the aggregated blog as I logged in