This project is read-only.

BlogEngine 2.9 - not displaying system extensions

Topics: Controls
Mar 19, 2014 at 9:23 PM
I just installed BlogEngine 2.9, and almost everything seems to be working correctly. However, when I go to look at the extensions, there is nothing on the list. If I install an extension from the Gallery tab, that shows up under the Installed Tab, but the Enabled checkbox is disabled, so even those extensions I cannot actually use.

I am using a SQL database collection, but when I have the site configured to use XML for storage, it acts a little differently. It DOES show the system extensions then, but both the checkboxes for deleting and the Enabled checkbox are disabled.

The server I am testing on has MVC4 installed, so not having the latest version of Razor installed is not the issue (though I did not think it would be anyway).

I didn't know which topic to classify this as. If there's one that fits better, it can be changed.
Mar 25, 2014 at 8:27 PM
I'm having the same problem. Any chance it's related to the thread below?
Apr 1, 2014 at 6:33 PM
So, I still haven't gotten a reply on this, but I do have some updates:

It turns out that the reason the Enabled checkbox was disabled was because this is actually configured by clicking on the name of the extension and enabling via an interface that appears in a lightbox. I actually DID try this before, but for some strange reason, the Administrator role did not have the proper permissions to manage extensions.

However, the system extensions still do not show up under Extensions. While the ones installed from the gallery do, when I try to enable them, it gives me an error message that simply says "Failed."

I tried downloading the source to debug this. The source appears to be a newer build, and it also problems, though different ones. Here, the system extensions do show up, and I am able to enable them. However, when I try to install new packages from the gallery, the files are downloaded and copied to the proper location, but they don't show up in the admin (though downloaded widgets and themes from the gallery do). Moreover, there appears to be another bug that makes it so that anytime you install something new from the gallery, everything that was installed before is removed. It appears that the problem is that the code that is supposed to uninstall the package you are trying to install if it is already installed, actually uninstalls ALL of the packages.

Again, I want to emphasize that I am using a database and not XML (the default) for storage.