What is the best and recommended extension for auto-publishing of posts to Twitter and Facebook on Blog Engine 2.9?

Topics: Controls, Themes
Apr 28, 2014 at 5:11 AM
I'm curious about this because it seems that Social Publish does not work on Blog Engine 2.9, throwing an error of some kind. I'm not sure what the error was, but it just said that it failed the install. but it affected two other modules as well with publication dates prior to 2.9's release, so I'm wondering if this is an issue with the extensions not being compatible with the latest version, and if so, can you recommend something that is known to work with Blog Engine 2.9? Thanks.
Apr 21, 2015 at 8:26 PM
Not sure if you ever found your answer, i'll take a look at this tonight to see if mine works. I was looking for this feature...
May 1, 2015 at 2:48 PM
I solved this in the following way. I added a checkbox to the new/edit post form that has the label Tweet. I used Linq to Twitter to then fire off the post to twitter when i tick the box and hit save post. My solution however requries me to firt the save the post, then click edit, then check Tweet and then resave the post. Has to do with the slug generaiton and the short url generation. I use bitly to handle the short urls.