Admin Screen - Update Failed

Topics: Themes
May 22, 2014 at 7:31 PM
Hi All,

I'm having a problem with my setup of blogengine and i'm not sure why.

I am using an XML backing store, with version 2.9.1.0. I have no problems creating or editing my posts, but my blog has no mobile theme. When trying to set the mobile theme and save the settings, I get "Update Failed".

I did some digging, and it looks like a javascript error is the problem: "Empty string passed to getElementById()"

Does anyone have any idea what I need to do to fix this?

Thanks

Tristan
Jun 4, 2014 at 9:15 PM
Edited Jun 4, 2014 at 10:01 PM
Status update

I have enabled full trust in the web config, and the sysadmin has enabled full trust on my shared enviroment, however the problem still persists.

I recently upgraded from version 2.0, going through each update and making sure they ran before applying the next one. I don't know if that would cause any problems. I have been creating, editing and publishing posts using windows live writer, and have not had any problems using that route, but doing updates a web browser doesn't seem to work (Create and Delete work fine).

I only noticed that there was a problem when I tried to make site changes via the update panel.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Tristan
Jun 5, 2014 at 1:53 PM
Hi Tristan,

Use FireBug to see if there are any network errors.

I bet its the Web API not having access rights.

Make sure all folders have read, write permissions.

Make sure that your host actually supports Asp.Net 4.5

If you post your live URL here can check it for you too :)

Have a great Day!

Brian Davis

http://BloggersOnline.Com
Jun 11, 2014 at 9:00 AM
Edited Jun 11, 2014 at 10:58 AM
Hi,

Done some digging in firefox. Looks like there is a problem with the PUT command. I get the following error:

PUT http://www.tristan-rhodes.co.uk/api/settings [HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found 62ms]

The GET works fine. I've talked to the host provider and there's no reason they can see for the PUT to not work, and the api folder has full write access.

It's worth noting that it's a 32 bit server, and that it's ASP.Net 4.5 used in integrated mode

Any suggestion on how to proceed here?

Thanks

Tristan
Coordinator
Jun 12, 2014 at 7:44 PM
Basically same issue as here. There are few suggestions close to the page end on what can be done to fix it.