Images not showing.

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Jun 3, 2014 at 5:20 PM

We had some issues with hosting and note that all images on the blog are not showing now.

Please help!

Also have log in details for the blog but didn't take note of the url for logging in.

The blog is here

Thanks Alicia
Jun 3, 2014 at 6:15 PM
You probably missing image handler in web.config. There should be 2 entries like these:
      <add verb="*" path="image.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.ImageHandler, BlogEngine.Core" validate="false" />

<handlers accessPolicy="Read, Write, Script, Execute">
      <add name="ImageHandler" verb="*" path="image.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.ImageHandler, BlogEngine.Core" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" preCondition="integratedMode" />
Jun 4, 2014 at 9:50 AM
Jun 14, 2014 at 11:57 AM
The dev says that the image handlers are in place.

We tried uploading a fresh image and it worked ok(have deleted that image now)

Dev says:

I can see your image was saved (even after you deleted it) in the normal location where images should be. If you login through FTP you can see that at:

As I read on the Internet that blog engine saves images into /Blog/App_Data/files/year/month

We have just that single image there, which means someone deleted all the other images, and that's the only reason why they don't show up on the site. If you dig a backup that has files in /httpdocs/Blog/App_Data/files, you can just restore that single folder and the images will be there.

Nothing I can do on my end though.

What to do next is this a hosting issue?

Many Thanks Alicia
Jun 16, 2014 at 7:16 AM
Hosting has fixed this now!