using sql server database

Jun 13, 2014 at 10:18 AM
Im trying to 'knit in' the blogengine to an existing site. I use SQL Server and my website uses roles and membership. Ive used the standalone instance of the blogengine for testing, modifyng the appropriate sections in the web.config. This works OK and I can use my database with blogengine. However, when I then try to use it with my existing website, I get this error

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'RoleId', table 'studio_db.dbo.aspnet_Roles'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
The statement has been terminated.

I have this in my web.config

<blogProvider defaultProvider="DbBlogProvider">
    <!--<add name="XmlBlogProvider" type="BlogEngine.Core.Providers.XmlBlogProvider, BlogEngine.Core"/>-->
    <add name="DbBlogProvider" type="BlogEngine.Core.Providers.DbBlogProvider, BlogEngine.Core" connectionStringName="BlogEngine"/>

<add name="BlogEngine" connectionString="packet size=4096;user id=appropriateuser;data source=PC\SQLSERVER2005DEV;persist security info=True;initial catalog=Studio_db;password=appropriatepassword;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>

the username and password I use DOES have sufficient privileges, but I dont understand why the blog engine attempts to insert something in the database as soon as I attempt to load the default.aspx page of the blogger

can anyone help me out with this ? its proving to be very difficult to 'bolt' this into an existing website
Jun 13, 2014 at 11:53 AM
Edited Jun 13, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Hello, what version or iis ? Is BE under its own application and apppool?
Jun 13, 2014 at 12:28 PM
windows 8.1 and iis 8.5.9. Its running under the application pool of my website as Ive integrated the code into it.
Jun 13, 2014 at 1:08 PM
Is it pulling up an error on the website when it tries to compile. If so what is the error output ?
Jun 13, 2014 at 1:13 PM
its not a compilation error, its trying to insert a null value into the RoleID column of the aspnet_Roles table. Cant see why its doing that
Jun 13, 2014 at 1:58 PM
And you have a new database and ran the scripts? That's where I would start? What version of BE?
Jun 13, 2014 at 2:36 PM
the database is fine, as Ive already mentioned, the standalone version works perfectly well with my database, I just cant see where or why it attempts to insert into the roles table when I attempt to load the default.aspx page of the blog engine
Jun 13, 2014 at 2:37 PM
the blogengine.core version is, its the last version that would work with .net 3.5 which is the version my site runs under