BE 2.8.0.1 Won't play video - Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Jul 17, 2014 at 3:10 PM
After adding a video to a post, I am unable to play the video when viewing the page. I see the player box (screen area with play, track, time, and mute controls), but pushing play doesn't do anything. The home page and the post both have the following error:
Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function
which points to the following code:
jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
$('audio.mep, video.mep').mediaelementplayer({defaultVideoWidth:480, defaultVideoHeight:360});
});

I have seen other posts about this which suggest to ensure that jQuery isn't being loaded twice and when I did a search of the dom for jQuery, I don't see any duplicates. Here is my javascript include list:

In the HEAD tag:
<script type="text/javascript" src="/blog/Scripts/Auto/01-jquery-1.9.1.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/blog/Scripts/Auto/02-jquery.cookie.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/blog/Scripts/Auto/04-jquery-jtemplates.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/blog/Scripts/Auto/05-json2.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/blog/Scripts/Auto/blog.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/blog/Scripts/App/widget.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/blog/Scripts/App/qnotes.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"   src="/blog/editors/tiny_mce_3_5_8/plugins/syntaxhighlighter/scripts/XRegExp.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"  src="/blog/editors/tiny_mce_3_5_8/plugins/syntaxhighlighter/scripts/shCore.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/blog/editors/tiny_mce_3_5_8/plugins/syntaxhighlighter/scripts/shAutoloader.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/blog/editors/tiny_mce_3_5_8/plugins/syntaxhighlighter/shActivator.js"></script>
Immediately before the problem inline script:
<script type="text/javascript" src="/blog/Scripts/mediaelement/mediaelement.min.js" defer="defer" async="async"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/blog/Scripts/mediaelement/mediaelementplayer.min.js" defer="defer" async="async"></script>
I have also seen other posts which suggest to turn off optimization, but optimization was already turned off for me. I turned it on to see if it would make a difference and it did not. I also played with the "Compress WebResource.axd" and the "Enable HTTP compression" settings and they didn't seem to do anything with regards to the issue either.
Dec 17, 2014 at 1:01 AM
Did you ever figure this out? I went to upgrade to 3.1.1 and have the same issue you are having - but I don't get the error with current BE 2.9.xx
Dec 28, 2014 at 6:25 PM
I'm sorry, but I did not. I ended up having to inject my own html rather than use their video widget. It's a pain because it means the business users have to inject html rather than use the interface. And, there are some problems with that because if you edit a post that has this html injection, it will try to revert it to what it thinks it should be and that messes it up also.