BlogEngine 1.5 multiple blogs (accounts, not users)

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer, Controls, Themes
May 4, 2009 at 8:56 PM
I just downloaded and installed BlogEngine 1.5

Is this version cabable of hosting multiple blogs?

I can see an admin section with "Users", but does this allow for each user to create their own account?

I am looking for a blogging platform that allows for new people to signup and create their own blog and themes.

Can this package do this?

Any info is greatly appreciated (I did look through the documentation and could not confirm the features I described above)

May 4, 2009 at 9:32 PM
You cannot currently have more than blog setup within a single instance of BlogEngine.  One of the top requested features is for this.

A couple of people have posted solutions here in the Discussions to custom modifications they made to BE to get this to work.

One option so you don't need to make custom modifications is to run multiple instances of BE.  Each instance would run in its own folder.  For example:
... etc

In this scenario, each folder (bob, jane) would be a separate web application in IIS running a separate instance of BE.
May 4, 2009 at 9:41 PM
Hi Ben,

Thanks for the reply...

Any idea when that feature will be available in a release?

May 4, 2009 at 10:06 PM
Unfortunately, I don't know when this will be implemented.  It's definitely one of the bigger feature requests.
Aug 12, 2009 at 12:05 PM

I'm trying to setup multiple blogs roughly following Ben's suggestion above:

Given the above structure, how should I setup the sitemap.axd file path/s in Robot.txt?

(By the way, I'm using v1.5)