Issues with upgrade from 2.8 to 3.0

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Jul 28, 2014 at 2:39 PM
Just upgraded from 2.8 to 3.0 and have a few remaining issues.

The first was a pop-up on virtually every item in the dashboard: 'Error loading custom field' or something like that. This was due to not running the SQL update script. That said, can 2 things be added to the 3.0 upgrade procedure:
  1. Ensure administrator role has 'access to dashboard'
  2. If using SQL or other DB, be sure to run the SQL upgrade script
Now the real issue: all the images are coming up as 'X' - the source shows /image.axd?..... but never shows. All of the images are in the app_data directory, and permissions are set, but still no images. I'm at a loss on this one. Thanks for your help
Coordinator
Jul 28, 2014 at 3:50 PM
Do you have image handlers in web.config?
<httpHandlers>
  <add verb="*" path="image.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.ImageHandler, BlogEngine.Core" validate="false" />
</httpHandlers>

<handlers accessPolicy="Read, Write, Script, Execute">
  <add name="ImageHandler" verb="*" path="image.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.ImageHandler, BlogEngine.Core" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" preCondition="integratedMode" />
</handlers>
Jul 28, 2014 at 5:15 PM
Yes- web.config contains the handler tags.

I created a new post with and uploaded an image to test....so now the image shows in the file manager in the same format of (/Year/Month/Day/image.png) but I do not see that new file in the /App_Data directory as it was previously...and I don't see the old images in file manager.

Where is file manager storing the image? in the DB?
Coordinator
Jul 28, 2014 at 5:50 PM
Edited Jul 28, 2014 at 5:51 PM
Depends on how you configure it. By default, on the disk (app_data/files).
<blogProvider defaultProvider="XmlBlogProvider" fileStoreProvider="XmlBlogProvider">
<blogFileSystemProvider defaultProvider="XmlBlogProvider">
Jul 28, 2014 at 5:59 PM
That did it - thanks rutr!!

I had put DbBlogProvider as FileSystemProvider....once I switched back to XML all is working!
Coordinator
Jul 28, 2014 at 6:35 PM
Cool, good to hear it worked out.