Server Error in '/' Application. The resource cannot be found. Requested URL: /login.aspx

Topics: Controls
Aug 7, 2014 at 1:55 PM
When I try to log into my Blog on the hosted "test" site, I get the above error. I checked the files in the Account Folder for my hosted website, and the login.aspx IS there! Why can't I log into my hosted blog, yet this works perfectly on my local host? I could really use some help, because I am just about ready to move all my changes to the "Live" site, but if I can't login to change the "Home" page (which is listed under my Content/Pages/Home Page - which I created and works perfectly on the localhost) then the "Live" blog won't work correctly and I'll never be able to update it! Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. TIA,

Aug 8, 2014 at 3:01 PM
Sorry to be a pest, but I could really use a little help on this error, please? Other than the fact that I can't log into the hosted site, I am done with this blog/website and want to post it up to the server for my friend to test it. If I can't log in, and he can't log in -it's a waste of time. Has anyone had this error before? I'm using version BE 3.0 Web, and my hosted site is a sub-domain. After reading some of the "V 3.0 Contact Form Error" conversation, I am wondering if the issues I'm having is because this is a sub-domain? I have received any messages regarding recaptcha, though - just the error above: "Server Error in '/' Application. The resource cannot be found. Requested URL: /login.aspx "

I also have a question about disabling the contact form that comes with BE - I have my own Contact page that I will add to the main BE pages, How do I disable the BE Contact form?

Thanks for any help - it is very appreciated.
Aug 8, 2014 at 3:38 PM
Coleenh, did you try standard install, no changes, to see if it let you log in? If it doesn't, most likely server configuration missing something. Like classic app pool instead of integrated, wrong version etc. When doing new website, always good idea start by uploading standard BE to make sure server supports it. Just a tip, not always possible I know.
Marked as answer by Coleenh on 8/10/2014 at 6:55 AM
Aug 8, 2014 at 4:06 PM
Thanks Rtur, I appreciate the answer. As a matter of fact, no. When I "installed" this on my hosted site, I did an upload, not an install. (sigh) I guess I will have to go delete everything and do an install, and then upload the files I have changed to customize it. I'll try that and then report back. Thank you.

BTW - any ideas as to why my images won't display in the sidebar? I know it will work (I had used a previous version of BE back in 2010 and it worked then) but I'm obviously missing something.

Thanks again for all of your help, it is very appreciated.
Aug 10, 2014 at 1:55 PM
Well that worked - thank you! Now all I have to do is upload the customized theme and pages I've created (and figure out why my images are not displaying in the sidebar- sigh.)