Upgrade from 2.5 to 3.0 Admin console failed

Topics: Controls
Aug 21, 2014 at 9:09 PM
I have just upgraded from 2.5 to 3.0. The blog looks find, but whenever I try to access the admin pages, I am directed back to the home page or to a blank content page.

I have set the permissions on the App_Data and Custom folders.

Lastly, I am able to login, but I am unable to logout.

Thanks
Coordinator
Aug 21, 2014 at 9:38 PM
Looks messed up and can be number of things. For example app pool not set to asp.net 4.5 integrated mode. Or modified web.config with roles pointing to DB but membership to XML - that kind of things always fun to troubleshoot based on short problem description :) Sometimes clearing browser cookies fixes post-upgrade login issues.
Aug 27, 2014 at 12:34 AM
My guess would be that you are actually being redirected to an error page, but custom error pages are on to prevent exception data from being shown to remote users.

Open the "web.config" file in the root blog folder, and change the following:
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="~/error.aspx" redirectMode="ResponseRewrite">
      <error statusCode="404" redirect="~/error404.aspx" />
</customErrors>
to:
<!--
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="~/error.aspx" redirectMode="ResponseRewrite">
   <error statusCode="404" redirect="~/error404.aspx" />
</customErrors>
-->
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
Try accessing the admin pages for your blog again and reply back to this thread with a screen shot or copy / paste of what you see after making this change.