What is best practice to move to Azure with SQl for hosting

Sep 3, 2014 at 1:55 PM
I intend to move our on premises blogengine 3.0 which is using MS SQL for storage up to Azure.

Is there anything I have to do to move my SQL DB up to SQL on Azure?

I ask as a quick trial with the 'deploy to azure' task in SQL management studio gave some error. Some were security, which I can fix by removing the name security accounts, but a few mention unsupport properties. What do I do with them, do a need a schema change?

e.g One or more unsupported elements were found in the schema used as part of a data package.
Error SQL71564: Element Column: [dbo].[be_Categories].[CategoryID] has an unsupported property IsRowGuidColumn set and is not supported when used as part of a data package.
Error SQL71564: Element Column: [dbo].[be_Posts].[PostID] has an unsupported property IsRowGuidColumn set and is not supported when used as part of a data package.
Error SQL71564: Element Column: [dbo].[be_PostComment].[PostCommentID] has an unsupported property IsRowGuidColumn set and is not supported when used as part of a data package.
Error SQL71564: Element Column: [dbo].[be_Pages].[PageID] has an unsupported property IsRowGuidColumn set and is not supported when used as part of a data package.
Error SQL71564: Table Table: [dbo].[be_CustomFields] does not have a clustered index. Clustered indexes are required for inserting data in this version of SQL Server.

Thanks
Sep 3, 2014 at 3:17 PM
Hi,
I Googled the error and came up with http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21374341/error-with-uniqueidentifier-deploying-database-to-windows-azure
dunno if it will help you or not....
Sep 3, 2014 at 3:23 PM
What I was after was whether there is an 'official script' to do any type conversions.

I assume the issue is that my DB schema as been update repeatedly since BlogEngine 1.x and maybe has different setting to a 'new' DB crated with V3
Coordinator
Sep 3, 2014 at 3:41 PM
Sep 3, 2014 at 4:17 PM
That video is nice and clear for a new install. But I want to move the SQL DB I have over to Azure with the rest of my BlogEngine instance.

I think this post might be the issue http://sqlservernewbie.blogspot.co.uk/2009/06/rowguid.html

At present our DB is on a SQL 2012 availability group, his has added extra setting. I need to restore the DB to a local SQL instance, remove any extra settings concerning replication and push this copy up to Azure
Sep 17, 2014 at 11:49 AM