Sep 24, 2014 at 2:50 PM
Hi all,

I updated to version and succeeds to the end, displays a message saying that everything ok. But when you restart the web application shows 65 errors, all the same "Can not find the source file 'Account \ login.aspx.designer.cs', 'admin \ menu.ascx.cs', etc ... Does anyone know why this happens?

Sep 24, 2014 at 5:58 PM
Updated from what version and where you running app? Designer files needed to Visual Studio, deployed app should not need them.
Sep 24, 2014 at 6:18 PM
Hello rtur,

I upgraded from version to version in development team in local mode.
Successfully complete the upgrade, but when recompiling shows the missing files error, I have checked in the designer and the files are on the hard disk and in the project.

Sep 24, 2014 at 7:02 PM
The auto-upgrade is for application running on IIS, not the source code.
For source code, you should pull new version using TortoiseHg, then compile and run in Visual Studio as always.
You can also download latest VS version from "downloads" tab here, it is marked as "BlogEngine.NET 3.1 (source)".
Sep 24, 2014 at 9:29 PM
Thanks for your help, your description is very clear with the new upgrade procedure.
Problem solved
Sep 25, 2014 at 11:09 AM
I performed the update like you said, with ISS and upgrade successful but when starting the blog shows me the following error "Column name 'SortOrder' is invalid." In the administrator does not load the user configuration data and displays errors like "Error loading trash" / "Error loading page draft"

You know that I can be doing wrong?

The full error messages:

[SqlException (0x80131904): El nombre de columna 'SortOrder' no es válido.]
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction) +1789294
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action
1 wrapCloseInAction) +5340642
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) +244
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) +1691
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData() +61
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +90
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +377
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, SqlDataReader ds) +1421
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite) +177
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +53
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +137
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +41
System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader() +12
BlogEngine.Core.Providers.DbBlogProvider.SelectPage(Guid id) +261
BlogEngine.Core.Page.DataSelect(Guid id) +76
2.Load(TKey id) +82
BlogEngine.Core.Providers.DbBlogProvider.<FillPages>b__3(String id) +67
System.Linq.WhereSelectListIterator2.MoveNext() +103
1..ctor(IEnumerable1 collection) +381
1 source) +58
BlogEngine.Core.Providers.DbBlogProvider.FillPages() +487
BlogEngine.Core.Page.get_Pages() +384
BlogEngine.Core.Page.GetFrontPage() +8
BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpModules.UrlRewrite.ContextBeginRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) +468
System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +136
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +69
Oct 1, 2014 at 8:48 AM
There fix is https://blogengine.codeplex.com/workitem/12543 you need to run a script to add the column
Oct 1, 2014 at 2:58 PM
Now if the update works properly. I've updated in the ISS.

Just ask one more thing: In administrator mode once the update continues to show me that the version is available, if I try to update again tells me I already installed
the latest version, is that correct?

Also comment that in administrator mode version does not change, continues to appear the

Thanks for your help
Oct 1, 2014 at 3:31 PM
Sorry, there is no problem, clear your browser cache and everything is correct.
The only problem I have is that in administrator mode does not load extensions or gallery, showing Error loading pakages.
Oct 1, 2014 at 5:48 PM
Sorry again, next time I look at the documentation first. Now this all sorted and running perfectly