the version 3.1 doesnt want to save anything or add anything

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer, Controls, Themes
Oct 3, 2014 at 9:01 PM
the version 3.1 doesnt want to save anything or add anything please help when i go to
tools tab on the settings it says that i have access in the needed folders any idea what happened with the ms sql database ?
Coordinator
Oct 3, 2014 at 9:35 PM
Check troubleshooting section in docs, you might need to look for errors in console to see if post/update method allowed in your IIS server.
Oct 3, 2014 at 9:46 PM
Edited Oct 3, 2014 at 9:48 PM
the flddler show nothing for my web site
any way how in gods name are you using it ?
Oct 3, 2014 at 10:01 PM
Edited Oct 3, 2014 at 10:25 PM
it throws that now

Server Error in '/blog' Application.
Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'RightRowId', table 'angarato_blogengine.dbo.be_Rights'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
The statement has been terminated.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'RightRowId', table 'angarato_blogengine.dbo.be_Rights'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'RightRowId', table 'angarato_blogengine.dbo.be_Rights'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
The statement has been terminated.]
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) +388
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) +717
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) +4515
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +6557561
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, SqlDataReader ds) +6560327
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite) +586
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite) +742
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +287
   BlogEngine.Core.Providers.DbBlogProvider.SaveRights(IEnumerable`1 rights) +1032
   BlogEngine.Core.Providers.BlogService.SaveRights() +70
   BlogEngine.Core.Right.RefreshAllRights() +2016
   BlogEngine.Core.Right.get_RightsByRole() +546
   BlogEngine.Core.Right.EnsureBlogInstanceDataLoaded() +856
   BlogEngine.Core.Right..cctor() +635

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'BlogEngine.Core.Right' threw an exception.]
   BlogEngine.Core.Right..ctor() +0

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) +0
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +159
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +256
   System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) +127
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +14297981
   System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes) +198
   System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture) +28
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.CreateNonPublicInstance(Type type, Object[] args) +83
   System.Web.HttpApplication.BuildIntegratedModuleCollection(List`1 moduleList) +334
   System.Web.HttpApplication.GetModuleCollection(IntPtr appContext) +1262
   System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +133
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +304
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +404
   System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +475

[HttpException (0x80004005): Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +12617668
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +159
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +12457285

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34209 
how in gods name can i fix that i only gone to see the users. and i odnt have any user called administrator : i think i had renamed it back in BE2.6 days
Also i cant get in to DashBoard

also the Logger.txt contians the
Date: 10/3/2014 12:40:40 PM
Error editing profile: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'ProfileID', table 'angarato_blogengine.dbo.be_Profiles'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
Date: 10/3/2014 12:40:40 PM
Error updating user roles: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'UserRoleID', table 'angarato_blogengine.dbo.be_UserRoles'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
Date: 10/3/2014 12:50:24 PM
An attempt to download a remote file has been halted due to unknown content length: http://carlstaruslm.hubpages.com/hub/lynchburg-realtors
Oct 4, 2014 at 12:12 AM
rtur wrote:
Check troubleshooting section in docs, you might need to look for errors in console to see if post/update method allowed in your IIS server.
is there any way to upgrade the db from 2.9.1 to 3.1 i got the feeling that is database related .