BE does not send Newsletter Notifications when new post published

Dec 22, 2014 at 3:15 AM
When I publish a new post it does not show up in the Recent Posts box nor does it send out a newsletter notification. The email settings are correct as I can send out a test message. Thank you for an help.
Dec 22, 2014 at 3:25 AM
Edited Dec 22, 2014 at 3:26 AM
Newsletter Notification issue still remaining, time offset issue was causing the post to not appear in Recent Posts.
Dec 22, 2014 at 12:28 PM
I cannot understand why a new version of BE still has the Newsletter issue, does anyone have a fix for this? I am using out of the box with xml and just would like the newsletter notification to work when a new post is published. Thank you
Dec 22, 2014 at 12:54 PM
I deleted the Newsletter Wizard and reinstalled it and the post notifications are working now.
Jan 24, 2015 at 2:54 PM
It seems that every-time I wish to have the Newsletter send a notification for a new post I must first delete the Newsletter widget and reinstall it, any ideas to correct this would be appreciated, thank you.
Jan 25, 2015 at 3:57 PM
Is anyone else having this issue with the Newsletter and this version of BE?
Jan 26, 2015 at 4:11 PM
Hi Jerry, I´m having the same problem.
Working with latest release

When you say you solve the problem deleting the Newsletter widget and reinstalling it... how do you do it?
Jan 26, 2015 at 4:49 PM
I create a new post, save it and publish it, I then delete the Newsletter Widget by clicking on the x at the top of it and then adding the widget back again though the admin, then unpublish the post and then republish it. A huge hassle I hope someone has a fix for this.
Jan 26, 2015 at 5:44 PM
Here is the fix for the Newsletter Widget when using the SimpleBlog theme.

Marked as answer by jerrysdean43 on 1/26/2015 at 10:45 AM
Jan 25 at 6:10 PM
Is the newsletter widget still broken? I don't get letters when publishing new posts.
Jan 29 at 9:31 PM
If I use 3.2 (per download of source on 1-29-16) and the Standard or Standard-2015 template with the News Letter widget in the footer, will I need to make the WidgetZone.PreloadWidgetsAsync("be_WIDGET_ZONE"); change as described in the 535336 discussion?
Feb 1 at 12:30 AM
Edited Feb 1 at 12:31 AM
Hi Jerrysdean43,

I've read 535336 a couple of times and tried the suggestions with no luck. I'm using Standard-2015

There is no WidgetZone.PreloadWidgetsAsync("be_WIDGET_ZONE"); in my Global.asax file. But there is such a line in my BlogEngineConfig.cs

However, changing that would require a republish of my site to my hosting service and therefore having to deal with any content issues. So, I decided to put the Newsletter widget in the side column - which shouldn't require any change at all if I read 535336 correctly. The widget is now not in the footer zone so changing the Preload doesn't seem logical.

Testing my email settings and using the contact page works correctly. As I'd really like to have this newsletter feature, your help will be greatly appreciated.