Creating an ebay API Extension. What would be the process

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Controls
May 28, 2009 at 7:31 PM
Edited May 28, 2009 at 7:37 PM

I would love to display live Ebay listings on blogengine.net using Ebays web services or API.

I have already created a website that can display live ebay listings. I created it with asp.net VB. It extracts the data from an XML file i recieve from ebays web services.

All I do is set the variables I require in the code behind page for the products I want to display on the page - The keywords for the product I want to display, the price range, maximum number of items displayed, and the available shipping regions etc. It then sends this information to ebay, recieves an XML file back and uses a function to extract this data from the recieved XML file and display the ebay listings in a label on my page.

However I have no idea how to combine my vb.net code for the ebay api  with blogengine.net so that the ebay listings are displayed anywhere I desire. Because I am so unfamiliar with C# it makes the process even more difficult.

So for example lets say I wanted to display ebay listings on one of my posts or pages. I would like to just add the following variables on a page (the keywords for the product, price range, Maximum displayed items,  Shipping region). They would then be displayed in that location of the page/post.

[“cheap laptops”; $120-$300, 6, Worldwide]

***** Ebay listings would be displayed here ******

How would I go about combining my code or creating an extension that made it possible to display ebay listings.

In other words how do I create a function that read this line of code

[EbayAPI:“cheap laptops”; $120-$300, 6, Worldwide]

and then create a control or label that displays ebay listings in that location.

Thanks.