How to use the one-click Blog Importer?

Topics: Business Logic Layer, Controls
Feb 16, 2015 at 5:21 PM
Edited Feb 16, 2015 at 5:41 PM
How do you actually use the one-click Blog Importer? I have looked around to find some docs or examples, but without any luck. I keep getting errors like "RSS invalid" and "Blog validation error" from it. But no information about what exactly the problems are.

I have tried various version of RSS files, and I'm starting to think it is not the RSS-file formats being the problem, but rather me not understanding what to enter in the tool's input-fields?...

Why's there both a Path and a File Path. What do they mean and should I use both?

This is an example of Blog Importer input I have tried:

Source Information:

Source Type: RSS
Path: C:\path\rssfile.xml
Files & Images: Ignore Blog Files & Images (for a start, until I see it working)
File Path: C:\path\rssfile.xml

Pressing "Validate" button gives me the usual "RSS invalid" error. Blanking one of the Path fields gives me the same error.

Destination Information:

Blog Url: http://www.blogdomain.com/
Login: AdminUsername
Password: AdminPassword

Pressing "Validate" button gives me the usual "Blog validation error", even though domain, username and password are correct (those shown are fictive of course).

RSS-formats:

I've tried various examples, just to see if I could get it to eat something. I believe I have to find out how to enter Source Information and Destination Information correct first, but if someone has an example RSS-feed known to work, I would love to see the RSS-code.
Jan 26 at 5:44 PM
Hi,

Did you manage to get to the bottom of this problem?

I'm having exactly the same issue with the destination information - it just wont validate :(
Jan 26 at 8:33 PM
No, I gave up :-(
Jan 26 at 9:06 PM
Thanks for your quick reply.

I also gave up - I'm running mine using sql server and have managed to write a select into query which has import all my posts.

Just need to do the categories now.