Running From Code in VS2013 Ultimate

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Feb 23, 2015 at 1:31 AM
I've downloaded the latest source code of BE 3.1. I open it in Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate Edition and when I run it I get an error in Utils.cs on Line 467:

That says:

A first chance exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in mscorlib.dll
{"Could not load file or assembly 'App_Code' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.":"App_Code"}

Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
Feb 25, 2015 at 2:04 PM
Did you "build" Complied it first?

In source version it is not compiled yet.
Feb 26, 2015 at 1:50 AM
DOH. Thanks. I thought you ran it "pushed play" it did the build automatically. Anyway - I got it working, thanks.
Feb 26, 2015 at 4:04 AM
Hi Shuff,

With Visual Studio 2015 with Asp.Net 5.0 No complied needed any more since it is always in the background running :)

So some exciting times coming to the Microsoft Platform finally!

A no-compile developer experience.

NuGet everything, even the runtime itself.

All open source through the .NET Foundation, and takes contributions in GitHub.

ASP.NET 5 runs on OS X and Linux with the Mono runtime

Announcing ASP.NET features in Visual Studio 2015 Preview and VS2013 Update 4

Introducing ASP.NET 5
Feb 26, 2015 at 12:26 PM
Hi All,

Just for an FYI, I just downloaded and installed Visual Studio 2015 preview and been playing around with it for a little bit

and so far very good!

No more compiling, just edit code, save and reload the browser to see the result no more waiting for it to compile :)

Major changes from Asp.Net 4.5 and VS 2014

No more web.config file

No more global.asmx.cs file and etc.

You can edit everything with just a Text Editor! or other 3rd parties no longer have to have Visual Studio.

But, at the same time they included so many new tools and its free don't see why not use VS ?

Also no longer dependent on your Web Hosting server for Asp.Net versions, everything that is needed is deployed with the

This means can host Asp.Net 5.0 on any server does not matter if it is installed or not.

If interested I would start getting to know the new Asp.Net 5 and VS 2015 :)

Good place to start is here:

Share your thoughts and questions about it here if you like.

Note for Rtur: "Any time table when BE will start using 5.0"
Feb 26, 2015 at 8:18 PM
I haven't really found much documentation regarding migrating from 4.5 to 5.

Does anyone have any idea of how many breaking changes version 5 might introduce to BE? The ability to choose your own development IDE seems critical for truly open source projects, so I'm sure there are lots of us that would be very happy to see this happen.
Mar 5, 2015 at 6:31 PM
Here is a top 10 list in 5.0

Note: 5.0 and forward no more Web Forms or Visual Basic.