Error xs.SaveSettings(ext), With IIS7,MySQL.

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Jun 14, 2009 at 11:23 PM

Hi Guys...

I'm trying to transfer my blog to another server, but I'm facing the follow error... can anyone help me? PS: MYSQL caseSensitive is ON, so I re-created all tabler with Capital letters in the "right" place...   Any HELP?

Column 'ExtensionType' cannot be null

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Column 'ExtensionType' cannot be null

Source Error:

Line 393:  {
Line 394:    BlogEngine.Core.DataStore.ExtensionSettings xs = new BlogEngine.Core.DataStore.ExtensionSettings(ext.Name);
Line 395:    xs.SaveSettings(ext);
Line 396:    return true;
Line 397:  }

Source File: e:\home\franqueados\web\GM\Blog\App_Code\ExtensionManager\Manager.cs    Line: 395

Stack Trace:

[MySqlException (0x80004005): Column 'ExtensionType' cannot be null]
   MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.OpenPacket() +238
   MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.ReadResult(UInt64& affectedRows, Int64& lastInsertId) +60
   MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.GetResultSet() +49
   MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult() +543
   MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +830
   MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +43
   BlogEngine.Core.Providers.DbBlogProvider.SaveToDataStore(ExtensionType exType, String exId, Object settings) in DbBlogProvider.cs:1366
   BlogEngine.Core.Providers.BlogService.SaveToDataStore(ExtensionType exType, String exId, Object settings) in BlogService.cs:368
   BlogEngine.Core.DataStore.ExtensionSettingsBehavior.SaveSettings(ExtensionType exType, String exId, Object settings) in ExtensionSettingsBehavior.cs:37
   BlogEngine.Core.DataStore.SettingsBase.SaveSettings(Object settings) in SettingsBase.cs:55
   ExtensionManager.SaveToStorage(ManagedExtension ext) in e:\home\franqueados\web\GM\Blog\App_Code\ExtensionManager\Manager.cs:395
   ExtensionManager.LoadExtensions() in e:\home\franqueados\web\GM\Blog\App_Code\ExtensionManager\Manager.cs:192
   ExtensionManager.ExtensionEnabled(String extensionName) in e:\home\franqueados\web\GM\Blog\App_Code\ExtensionManager\Manager.cs:59
   ASP.global_asax.Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) in e:\home\franqueados\web\GM\Blog\Global.asax:40

[HttpException (0x80004005): Column 'ExtensionType' cannot be null]
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +2722546
   System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +128
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +188
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +295
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetPipelineApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +56
   System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +231

[HttpException (0x80004005): Column 'ExtensionType' cannot be null]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +8894031
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +85
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +333

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4016; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4016 

Coordinator
Jun 15, 2009 at 12:13 AM

Why not make the DB case insensitive?

At first glance, it appears that because of the case-sensitivity setting, there's an "ExtensionType" column name someone in the BE.NET code that isn't the same case as you have in the mySql DB.  Although, all the instances of "ExtensionType" I see in the DbBlogProvider appear to have the case "ExtensionType" ... the same case as your column in the mySql DB.

Jun 15, 2009 at 3:57 PM

Hi!

I have used the comnand: ALTER DATABASE cliente DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;

But the error still happenning. In my tables I see the ExtensionType write exactly the same.