Flash Banner problems

Topics: Themes
Jun 18, 2009 at 11:20 PM

Hi

I am trying to add a flash banner to the masterpage, but the flash will only load on the home not on any other pages.

I have read in a previous post that this is due to 2 javscript files not being loaded

Global.js and swfobject.js.

Could someone point me in the direction on how to overcome this and also where I can download these JavaScript files.

Cheers

Matt

Coordinator
Jun 19, 2009 at 8:25 AM

I'm not aware of the "previous page" you mention, but if the flash ad works on the homepage, then I don't see why you would need extra files to have the flash ad work on other pages.

My best guess is the pathing of the flash ad is setup to only work when in the root folder.  So, if the path to your SWF in the site.master file is something like:

myflash.swf
-- or --
flash/myflash.swf

Then when you're on a page where you're not in the root of the blog, the flash ad isn't going to work.  You would instead want to use absolute paths like:

/myflash.swf
-- or --
/flash/myflash.swf
-- or --
<%= Utils.RelativeWebRoot + "myflash.swf" %>
-- or --
<%= Utils.RelativeWebRoot + "flash/myflash.swf" %>

Jun 19, 2009 at 9:21 PM

You can find swfobject.js at: http://code.google.com/p/swfobject/ and you have to use it Ben suggested.

I am using older version of swfobject.js called flashobject.js installed in MyTheme directory and following works for me,

site.master

<head runat="server">
  <script src="<%# ResolveUrl("~/themes/MyTheme/flashobject.js") %>" type="text/javascript">
  </script>
</head>

<body>

<script type="text/javascript">

var fo1 = new FlashObject( "<%=Utils.RelativeWebRoot %>themes/MyTheme/myMovie.swf", "myMovie", "125", "211", "6", "#ffffff");
  fo1.addParam("base", "<%=Utils.RelativeWebRoot %>themes/MyTheme"); 
  fo1.write("flash1");  

</script>

</body>

Sep 1, 2009 at 1:17 PM

Hi all

I am also facing problem in flash

while flash takes long time to load in page,page gets loaded very slowly .

it displays blank and preloder will come after about 2 minutes  till  then page displays blank 

what may be the problem

pls any one help me out