System.Xml.XmlException: Root object missing

Jul 10, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Last month my website was hacked (well most probably, suddenly it crashed for no reason). After hours of trial and error (recompiling, adding themes folder and AppData folders etc) it begun working again -mostly out of luck. A month after, today, I am having same problem. Someone is definitely massing with my site; but I cannot see anything in statcounter logs -and I cannot interpret server logs. Anyhow; my urgent problem is this. My website displays application error (System.Xml.XmlException: Root object missing) with following details:

[XmlException: Kök öğesi eksik.]
   System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e) +76
   System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent() +2758
   System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read() +65
   System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace) +155
   System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader) +109
   System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename) +93
   BlogEngine.Core.Providers.XmlBlogProvider.SelectPost(Guid id) +240
   BlogEngine.Core.Providers.BlogService.SelectPost(Guid id) +44
   BlogEngine.Core.Post.DataSelect(Guid id) +32
   BlogEngine.Core.Post.Load(Guid id) +61
   BlogEngine.Core.Providers.XmlBlogProvider.FillPosts() +222
   BlogEngine.Core.Post.get_Posts() +74
   _default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +737
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +43
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
   BlogEngine.Core.Web.Controls.BlogBasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +13
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2599

My questions are as follows:
1) How can I fix this? I deleted everything but AppData folder; and uploaded a fresh installation that I downloaded from but I still have this error. I have hundreds of posts and many comments etc. that I don't want to lose...
2) Is there a known exploit that can be used to bring dotnetblogengine down (particularly with above error)? I strongly suspect that someone is massing with my blog...
3) It's weird to ask here, but, do you know a stable blog engine? Is Wordpress or any other blog better in terms of security? I'm sick of having to reinstall everything once a month. Hosting provider says the problem is associated with the software and not their server config...

Thank you in advance, and Kind Regards,