Help with standard theme

Topics: Themes
Apr 14, 2015 at 4:00 PM
hello,

Does anyone know how to change the color of the text on the standard theme. I am trying to change the color of the Header of each blog post to a color that matches my site theme.

Also I need a little help with adding share buttons for a particular blog post.

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Jay
Apr 14, 2015 at 8:36 PM
Hi Jay,

Styling

The Stylesheet for the standard theme can be found at blogroot/Custom/Themes/Standard/css/main.css
The css is well organised and grouped by page element- it's even got a table of contents.

I find the best way to get familiar with the styles is to right click the element of interest in the browser and select "Inspect element" from the pop up.
A window appears showing the HTML surrounding the element you clicked and from that you can see any class names, id's etc.
So if you right click any of the post headers in standard theme, it shows that they are links enclosed by an h2 tag of class "post-title".
Open the main.css file and do a search for post-title, two lines of css are found - one of which is...
.post .post-header .post-title a { text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold;}
To change the color of the link, add a rule for color i.e.
.post .post-header .post-title a { text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; color: red;}
Social
From admin you browse through the gallery and should be able to find an extension that will add social buttons to posts.