BlogEngine Godaddy Membership Challenge

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Jul 20, 2009 at 7:09 PM

You know you are in trouble when you can't even create a reasonable title for your situation, eh?

I am trying to use the same membership for a website as with BlogEngine. I know there are a lot of entries in and around this topic... and I have tried them all in one form or another as I take a stab at getting this running.

Currently I have BlogEngine running in a folder off of my website... installed using the GoDaddy control panel. This, however, flags the folder as an application root. The blog works great, but I am not able to use the blog login on the main site because it sees the entries as two seperate applications. I tried to follow previous entries to move the specified files, etc. to the root... and modify the web.config, but I am ending up with an internal server error.

Add to the troubles, this is a live site and it does not create a great environment for a lot of trial and error.

I guess I was hoping that someone might be able to point me in the right directions for a simple solution to the dual login issue... but then again I play the lottory as well.