BlogEngine Integration

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Apr 16, 2015 at 7:35 AM
Hi , i'm trying to ijtegrate blogengine with my existing website and seems really not easy for me.
I try to follow this guide but seems not workign for my case.
is there anyone can help me to integrate blogengine with my website?
Apr 20, 2015 at 11:09 AM
That link you've posted describes how to tightly integrate BlogEngine into your existing web site. It does this by merging your existing web.config file with the required parts from the BlogEngine web.config. This gets round the problem of having 2 web.config's in a single web site.

However, I also tried this, and couldn't get it to work - by closely merging my web site and BlogEngine it seemed to break the administration parts of BlogEngine.

Therefore I think a better approach is to keep your existing web site and BlogEngine separate. To do this you need to put BlogEngine in a sub-directory of your website and make this directory an application in IIS. This will allow it to keep its own web.config file.

To get single-sign-on with your existing website you need to make sure that the BlogEngine web.config contains the machine key and forms authentication strings are copied from your original web.config file to your BlogEngine one.

(Additionally I had to remove the <httpRuntime..> line (maybe this needs added into my existing web.config?) and the <clear/> in the connection strings section to get things working)