Some tabs not displaying on admin panel, but I still have permissions for them

Topics: Controls
Nov 23, 2015 at 2:01 PM
Hi there,

I've recently upgraded from 2.9 to and tested to make sure everything was ok on my local machine. After using WebMatrix to publish it to an Azure web app, I noticed that in the admin site, the tabs 'Blogs' 'Users' and 'Settings' were missing, as well as 'File Manager' and 'Pages' from the Content tab.

These are all working perfectly fine on the local version of the site. On site hosted in Azure, I still have access to them if I put in the corresponding URLs, but the tabs simply aren't showing.

Any ideas what might cause this?

Jan 6 at 2:33 AM
I'm having the same problem. I logged into the demo site and its behaving the same way.

Missing Admin Navigation items.

I just installed the site today on our web server, configured a SQL Database and Integrated Active Directory. All is well, but I can't get to the user admin pages. I checked the be_profiles table in SQL and it has my AD users. I can load them into the Users tables if needed but I'd really like the URL to the user management page. If someone cloud post the user management URLs I can add them to a post until the problem gets fixed. Any help would be really appreciated.
Jan 6 at 8:31 AM
I think it was permissions error if I remember correctly - the upgrade removed some privileges from Administrator roles, so you need to get onto that section in the dashboard and re-tick the boxes to allow access. I may have also needed to clear my cache.