Copy and paste image (ver 3.2 vs ver 2.9.1)

Topics: Controls
Jan 21 at 6:36 PM
I have two versions of BlogEngine.net running. In ver 2.9.1 I can add an image to a page by simply copying the image from somewhere and pasting it into the page.

In ver 3.2 there does not seem to be support for pasting the image into the page. Is this true?

Thanks,
Frank
Coordinator
Jan 21 at 10:07 PM
You can use "file manager" button from toolbar (rightmost) if you want to upload image to the blog and use it in the post.
If you want to use external image, right-click anywhere in the editor and select "insert/edit image", then enter image URL.
Jan 22 at 3:00 PM
Yes, I stumbled onto using the "file manager" to add an image in ver 3.2. To me it is not as nice as what was available in ver 2.9 where I could copy an image from anywhere on my desktop into my paste buffer and then paste it into the page that I am editing in BlogEngine. Super convenient and usable.

If I understand things correctly, in ver 3.2 I have to select the image that I want, create a jpg or equivalent, then from within the edit Page in BlogEngine use the "File manager" to upload the jpg file and then add it to the page I am creating. If this is correct, this is a step backwards wrt usability, imho.

I am sure there were technical reasons for doing this and I am not being judgmental - I was really impressed at how easy this was in ver 2.9 and I would like it back.
Coordinator
Jan 22 at 3:58 PM
In the "admin/editors/tinymce/editor.js", add line to enable image paste (line #2 below):
browser_spellcheck: true,
paste_data_images: true,
For any editor customization, check TinyMce website for plugins: https://www.tinymce.com/docs/plugins/paste/