BlogEngine 3.2 - less features

Topics: Controls
Feb 15 at 5:55 PM
I use BlogEngine for many years. My "production" blog is based on now. Yesterday I downloaded the latest source code from GitHub and evaluated it. My personal problem is that I use two blogs, ie. multiblog configuration. Primary is single-user based, secondary is multiuser based. I understand the reasons why 3 supported configurations have been chosen so I will have to configure an additional website for the secondary blog. That's no problem.
What I would like to ask RTUR is:
  • are there plans to support BreakPost and SendCommentMail extensions in BE.NET 3.2+?
  • are there plans to support BlogRoll and Month list widgets in BE.NET 3.2+?
    If yes, what is the ETA?
Thanks for your hard work.
Feb 15 at 7:14 PM
There was no changes to extensions in 3.2, they should work as usual - except they used to be deployed as code and since 3.0 compiled into BlogEngine.NET.dll. Should not effect any functionality.

Yes, widgets re-build from user controls into .cshtml pages. BlogRoll and Month list both will be added soon (currently working on Link list). Will take few more weeks to release.
Feb 15 at 9:05 PM
Indeed, I started Visual Studio today, started debugging and my test article was processed correctly with [more]. Thanks for fast reply. Looking forward for the widgets. Now it makes more sense to prepare the upgrade, including blogs split into multiple FQDNs.