HELLO, IS ANYBODY OUT HERE? I NEED HELP!

Topics: Controls
Apr 12 at 1:18 PM
I've posted here several times in the past two weeks and no one has answered my questions. What good is a .NET blogengine without proper documentation. I appreciate all the work that went into creating BE but what good is it if I can't customize my blog? All I want to do is create an admin page for my custom control so users can type in data into the database. That's all. And I can't figure it out. rtur.net had some valuable tutorials for doing that about 4 years ago but EVERYTHING has changed as of 3.0 and NO documentation exists for that. I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to go abandon Blogengine and look for another CMS. Maybe orchard. There seems to be more documentation and help out there for it. Thanks guys.
Coordinator
Apr 12 at 7:50 PM
Completely agree on documentation - it lacks big time and with exactly $0 budget we unlikely to attract many tech writers to make it better. Developers suck in writing docs, it is fact of life and nothing can be changed. So unless we go commercial this is tough to fix. And if we do go we'll get tons of angry responses I'm sure :)

To your questions, if you don't get answers probably they not clear enough. They can be clear to you because you know what you doing and what you want, but others don't. I'm not even sure what version you using and why you need to do TextBox widget that already exists. Also, upcoming release is a complete rewrite of widgets framework. So to answer your question I would need to know your situation better.

Oh, and those "{{}}" all over the Orchard :) But I completely respect you using any CMS you feel comfortable with.
Apr 15 at 1:31 PM
Thanks for the response, it's nice to know someone is reading the boards. I just don't think BE is mature enough to use it for a business cms at this point. I've actually donated to BE several times because I'm all about open source and I do like what
you guys are trying to do. I just need something easier and more reliable for my business and my clients. I used Wordpress and PHP years ago and I'm revisiting that. I'm done pulling my hair out. Life is too short for all this frustration. Thanks! Sent from
my iPad
Apr 16 at 9:20 PM
Hi Khambley,

What exactly do you need to be done?

BlogEngine is what the name says, An "Engine" for a Blog :)

Not really a full set "CMS".

Should be used to drop into an Web Application/Website to provide blogging Function and that is it :)

You integrate it with your web application.

For years through I had customize it to function as a "Mini-CMS" for the functions that I needed.

But, learned it is not a "CMS" just a "Blog" function for a website.

If you have questions do what Rtur said and post it here and explain fully on what you are trying to do.

There is always some one here to try to help you out in some way.

Some times through it takes a while to get an answer.

But, give it time.

Ask again.

So ask away, I can provide answers to your questions.