Linking blog post to a page

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer, Controls, Themes
Apr 22 at 2:36 PM
Edited Apr 22 at 2:50 PM
I suspect what I am asking here may be something for a feature request, but wondering if the current version of BE can support what I'm looking for, and if so a guide how.

What I try to achieve is for a published post to be available only via a page. Strange as this may sound, here is an example for a use scenario.

Consider an editorial post, a notification post, etc, which is quite distinct from other pretty standard blogs, and deserve a distinct menu link (hence as page content). For clarity, call these 'special posts' in contrast to standard posts.

I would like special posts to be available only through page links: in the simplest form these are contained in a page (but ideal if special posts can be linked to a page but that's another feature). The only condition for special posts is that, they are not listed live like standard posts because they're only accessible as page content (commonly via a menu link). Other than that they are like standard posts: they get listed in Categories widget; listed under Archive; searchable and so on. THE ONLY important condition is that they are not displayed automatically (to keep them away from standard posts) and most importantly they have their own distinct links via menu bar pages.

I understand this feature can be implemented if an optional setting is provided for a post (just like 'Enable comments' option, we could have something like 'Enable live display' - uncheck to negate the default - and implement the option to include/exclude post for rendering). Short of this, is there a workaround to achieve what I describe here? Sorry for the lengthy posting.