BE Add Entry Editor - image uploading not working

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Controls, Themes
Sep 17, 2009 at 11:45 AM

Below is the output on Add entry page, after clicking upload image button

I dont know why

But locally its working properly and files are saved to files folder in App_Data folder.

��`I�%&/m�{J�J��t��`$ؐ@�������iG#)�*��eVe]f@�흼��{����{����;�N'���?\fdl��J�ɞ!���?~|?"��Ey�')=��y6�����h���u>]�E{����櫶�����7^Ӧ�>H'��:���ղ�>�Ey�裟��Y��>:�O���b�>ZV�"+壦�A�(?��Ӫ��G�2��=�%�w�@} ���(��m�z�n�_��%>���9��٭!~{7����0{��=X��I�������oA�U� ����3���i1�ғj�Te��uf� ��1|�� @H�P������]�=˧U����j��.���_�/^��u�"����R�O�����ݝջN�w�l9�&%�,���^���,���G��y�]^��뺡?��Ч���>�?��2�2�O.�g]͋6��~kA4����o��h�4���GV,ӏ�~��Ve1elǏ�uzU���g�;;�{�Y�lW���)Jz���]���a�w�>.��[�=z��������4�������Q���zj �Q�y��/�����u�l�_��2�Gi����.��Ȁ'G�Ӽ���J�����ћy�fn�iֶ�b�׷U���sb�4[��.-�U�feY]Q��u��� pU��q� ��fu����8�y����:�E��E�E�l�*��ɉ��6���u�����!��l�(�E�4K��)1�EΠ<�7i[��6-�˼�l�}�����sR^�|AV��4���ή�/�N��lA���3�9J�Td�I� �:o蘭��Э��)��E/�?��:�r���디���l���2+O���n��/:���–�WZ��(�}Y[�ͭ�|e�XlǴZ��L�k��y]-�uSBa> ��9szn�"����l�0CBCx0� }QL목��t���M��&�����ƾ?�}���`����΃�C������.b,4�E�xj2��ﺽ�Ƽ����}K�~��f���.#�K祟u�eS���ߨ���nKg�����������M:,�N�y������l����ܺ矣^o��F?�֐6���x)�G��w�嬺j~_ka�~_k�Kk�~�7����j}m��I��R���}?}��^v>=�}��{���߸ ���&B"t=�o�5�Ew�v�����8��>R;�IH�^cz�RΒj$���l����i �3�N�i�����-A0�Dɐ6��*%�fRQ+��9�����������d��,Z�.�~�ї��������s�i�^XJ{�>���U��,��)�kUW����|I��ZBA5����

Please help

Regards, Shanthi.G

Sep 17, 2009 at 10:26 PM

It could be a file permissions error.  Make sure you've given the ASPNET account write permissions for the App_Data folder.

To get a real error message, instead of that garbage, I posted some code in this thread on April 23rd.  The code goes into the global.asax file in the root of your blog (the code beginning with "void Application_Error .....").  If you add that code, you should get a meaningful error message.

Sep 18, 2009 at 4:48 AM
Edited Sep 18, 2009 at 8:44 AM

Thanks for the guidance, The blog hosted on a shared hosting, And i gave a write permission to App_Data folder

But the problem is not solved...  I have added the Application_Error code in global.asax file and it display the actual error desc. How can i set the permission on shared hosting

Sep 18, 2009 at 4:55 AM

There's two typical ways to set permissions at a shared host.

Some hosts have a control panel that allows you to setup file permissions.  For hosts that don't have this, you can usually submit a support request and ask them to setup permissions.

You'll want to give Write/Modify permissions to the ASPNET account for the App_Data folder.  On servers, this account is often the "Network Service" account.