BE and ISS7 on Vista Ultimate

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Oct 5, 2009 at 4:41 AM

Maybe this is beyond the scope of the discussions here, but ...
I'm still trying to get BE to work on ISS on my home computer. Getting errors.
Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The virtual path '/User%20controls/PostList.ascx' maps to another application, which is not allowed.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_default" %>
Line 2:  <%@ Register Src="../User%20controls/PostList.ascx" TagName="PostList" TagPrefix="uc1" %>
Line 3:  
Line 4:  <asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="cphBody" Runat="Server">

Source File: /blog/default.aspx    Line: 2
Using Expression Web I get another error: Cannot open C:\inetpub\wwwroot\anything for Write
I am logged on as an admin on Vista. I don't know. Where do I go for more information on how to configure a site to work with IIS?
To make matters worse, I have a 1and1 Internet Microsoft shared hosting package for business, and they will not give me access to an IIS control panel saying that I have to purchase a dedicated server.
I'm not exactly new at IIS, but Vista seems to have changed the ball game with regard to security. TKS, Den

Oct 5, 2009 at 5:12 AM

Maybe Expression Web is modifying some of these files on its own?  Not sure since I haven't used Expression Web.

In the default.aspx file (where that error is occurring), that red line of text should look like:

<%@ Register Src="User controls/PostList.ascx" TagName="PostList" TagPrefix="uc1" %>

The difference is that in the error message you posted, it shows the "Src" as having a leading ../   The leading ../ shouldn't be there.