Can't add or remove widgets

Topics: Themes
Nov 18, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Hi,

I'm new to using BlogEngine.NET, but finding it an easy and enjoyable experience so far. I'm part way through developing a custom theme for it, and I've run into a problem with the widgets in the sidebar. I'm running BlogEngine.NET 1.5.0.7.

I'm logged in to the default admin account, and everything else seems to be working fine, except that when I try to add or remove a widget in the sidebar. Clicking the cross to remove a widget removes it until I refresh the page, at which point it re-appears. If I try and add a widget using the drop-down list, I get a duplicate of my page appears where the 'Add' button and drop-down list used to be, however, this duplicate page says "Ooops! I can't find the page you're looking for" rather than displaying the test post, which is still present on the original page. The add widget drop-down list still appears below this new duplicate page, and refreshing the page gets rid of the duplicate page.

This same behaviour occurs on the other themes included with the default installation, and occurs across all browsers. I also get an "Ooops! I can't find the page you're looking for" when clicking "Save settings" from the settings page. I'm guessing that this is related to the problem I'm having with the widgets? I have no idea why it's saying it can't find the Settings.aspx file, when it was displaying that page only a moment before.

If anyone can help me out here, I'd be really grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Nov 18, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Never mind, I was being an idiot. It was due to insufficient permissions being set. All fixed now!