I know fire fox is a bloated piece of crap browser but...

Nov 19, 2009 at 7:43 AM

I'm having a really weird issue...

First of all let me say I'm like 99% sure this is not a caching issue with BE.NET, it's just really weird...

When I surf to my client's site in IE, everything is there... around 40k posts, archive shows them all, they load fine, etc. 

When I surf to it in Fire Fox, archive shows zero posts, no posts show up in the post list... nothing.  It was fine before, just started doing this today.

So I know firefox sucks bawlz, but what in BE.NET could cause the posts to show in one browser and not the other?

Thanks!!!

Coordinator
Nov 19, 2009 at 7:48 AM

First, Firefox is much better than IE!  But .........

This is probably not the case, but if all of your posts were Unpublished and you were logged into the blog in IE and not logged in on Firefox, then you would see the posts in IE only because only logged in users would see unpublished posts.

Do you see any errors occurring in Firefox?  You can check the Error Console (Tools -> Error Console).  You might find some error is occurring preventing the page from displaying correctly.  As a side note, the Error Console in Firefox can be very helpful as it tends to include a lot more detailed information on errors that IE doesn't provide.

Nov 19, 2009 at 7:52 AM
Edited Nov 19, 2009 at 8:03 AM

hahahahajajaja it was user error!  i had some how unset the ispublished=1!!!

PS: i really disagree with you that FF is the better browser, I think most tests have proven out it is not as good as Opera...

also I have heard the source code is "lazy"... meaning easier on the developers but with lower performance.... but what do I know

maybe check this out http://home.comcast.net/~SupportCD/FirefoxMyths.html

There is a reason every corporation in the world uses and develops toward IE but maybe i am flame baiting or whatever a bit :P

it's just my opinion, and probably not worth much

edit: ALso thank you so much for the quick reply, you guys are really the best!