Blog Content Not Visible

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Controls
Dec 1, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Hi,

I am not able to see blog content or blog post but able to see only comments to the blog post.

I am admin and I have alos check marked publish near the bottome of the blog post.

All the pople who have writes(administrator/editor) permission are able to create new blog post but can not see them. Only comments are visible.

Am I missing something?

I would like to thank you in advance for any help.

Bharat.

Coordinator
Dec 1, 2009 at 11:24 PM

Have you tried viewing the blog posts in a different browser?  Are you using the Standard theme that comes with BE?  If you're using a custom theme, it's possible there's a CSS issue that is preventing the content from appearing.  You might want to try temporarily switching themes to see if it helps.

If you do a View Source in your browser, is the blog content there somewhere?  If it's a CSS issue, the content would still be in the View Source, but just not visible in your browser.

Could you see blog content before?  If there is no blog content, why are people making comments when there's nothing there to make a comment to?

Dec 1, 2009 at 11:40 PM

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your reply.

I am using IE browser of different versions on different m/cs.

I am using a theme call "Cusrioulsy Green" as a base and then I modified it to our needs.

I looked into View Source but contents are not visible there either, only comments are visible.

Well we just tested to see if we can enter comments.

This blog is on test server and is not deployed on production server.

PostView.ascx page/control is same in Standard theme.

I will see if I can switch to Standard Theme and see if Blog Content is visible.

Thank you.

Bharat.

Coordinator
Dec 2, 2009 at 4:36 AM

You might want to also disable any Extensions you may have installed.  An extension could remove the post content.  Extensions can be enabled/disabled in the control panel -- Extensions tab.

Similarly, if you've installed any widgets, you could temporarily remove them to see if it helps.

Dec 2, 2009 at 3:27 PM
Edited Dec 2, 2009 at 5:49 PM

Hi Ben,

Thank you for the reply.

When I create a page then I see that page under page list and by cliking that page I see content of the page, but can not add comments. 

This page always displayes edit/delete irrespective of user role.

But when I create a page with add-entry in control panel then I see it's title on FrontPage of blog alongwith other blog titles,

and by clicking it I see only comments on that page but no contents!!

This page shows edit/delet etc depending on user role.

I have in my project under datastore extensions and widgets( lot of widgets like administartion, calendar, search etc.)

But in my theme folder I do not have them.

I have disabled extension and widgets are visible only to admin or the user who is admin or editor.

So why I see content of blog in PageList/Page but not the content of blog itself?

I  see on FrontPage list of blogs with titles.

This is my first attempt to create a Blog.

Your help is highky appricaited.

Thank you.

Bharat.

Coordinator
Dec 3, 2009 at 1:43 AM

BE has two types of content -- Pages and Posts.  There is no system to leave Comments for Pages, but they can be left for Posts.

Have you tried the Standard theme to see if the post content is there?

If you Edit a post, that will take you to the Add Entry tab.  Does the post content appear in the WYSIWYG editor when you Edit one of these existing Posts?

Dec 3, 2009 at 4:53 PM
Edited Dec 3, 2009 at 10:58 PM

Hi Ben,

Thank you for the reply.

1) I tried Standard Theme and there I see the content of the Blog and all the Action Items like Edit/Delete/Comments etc.

2) In case of my Theme when I go to edit I see the content in the WYSIWYG editor.

It seems the I may have made some mistake somewhere, only that I am not able to figure it out.

Your help is highky appricaited.

Thank you.

Bharat

=======================

P.S.

Ben,

I changed a directive on PostView.ascx page:-

I had originally:-

<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="PostView.ascx.cs" Inherits="themes_PDSTheme_PostView" %>

which I changed with:-

<font size="2">

<%

</font>

@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" EnableViewState="false" Inherits="BlogEngine.Core.Web.Controls.PostViewBase" %>

Now I see the Blog Content and all the items.!!!

Have I done it right?

Bharat.