Integration with an existing solution

Jan 11, 2010 at 12:32 PM

Hello,

I have read few posts regarding integration of the blogengine within an existing web but i am confused from all the info.

I have made a solution with 3 project, TheMainWebsite, BlogEngine, and the DataLayer. I have converted the BlogEngine to a web application, and referenced it in the TheMainWebsite, so on my www.TheMainWebsite.com/Default.aspx i am displaying posts from the BlogEngine. Also i have made the the blogs as links so when the user clicks on a posts it takes him to the blog on for example www.TheMainWebsite.com/BlogEngine/post.aspx?id=14e97e20-e4a5-4089-ad5a-1669d4efa0b9. In order to achieve the path, i publish the two web sites and in my wwwroot folder i put the contents of TheMainWebsite and inside i put BlogEngine as a folder. When i click on a post i get the message

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

I have set the BlogEngine folder as a virtual directory with enable directory listing using my dot net web panel. Still, i cant get this to work.

BlogEngine is great! I hope you can help me find an appropriate neat solution for integration.

Greetings!