Error trying to setup a textbox.

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer, Controls
Feb 2, 2010 at 9:40 PM
Edited Feb 2, 2010 at 9:53 PM

I am receiving this error when trying to setup a new textbox or edit an existing texbox in all themes including the standard theme with BE 1.6.  This is with a new setup using my updated Vista Database which is working fine.

I also tried this a new setup using the default xml and the standard theme, same error message.

Thanks you for your help.

Error Details:

Url : http://localhost:23856/BlogEngine1.6.Web/admin/WidgetEditor.aspx?widget=TextBox&id=aa3d8950-61b7-45a4-a0f0-245b0f857367&zone=be_WIDGET_ZONE

Raw Url : /BlogEngine1.6.Web/admin/WidgetEditor.aspx?widget=TextBox&id=aa3d8950-61b7-45a4-a0f0-245b0f857367&zone=be_WIDGET_ZONE

Message : A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (widget$txtText="


Source : System.Web

StackTrace : at System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateString(String value, String collectionKey, RequestValidationSource requestCollection)

at System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateNameValueCollection(NameValueCollection nvc, RequestValidationSource requestCollection)

at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form()

at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Item(String key)

at BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpModules.CompressionModule.context_PostReleaseRequestState(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Data\Development\BlogEngine.NET\BlogEngine\DotNetSlave.BusinessLogic\Web\HttpModules\CompressionModule.cs:line 62

at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

TargetSite : Void ValidateString(System.String, System.String, System.Web.Util.RequestValidationSource)

 

 

Coordinator
Feb 2, 2010 at 11:42 PM

I tested with BE 1.6 and couldn't reproduce  :(

I don't think the storage location matters (DB, XML), as you noticed.

In the WidgetEditor.aspx page in the ADMIN folder, does the top line include ValidateRequest="false" ?

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="WidgetEditor.aspx.cs" Inherits="User_controls_WidgetEditor" ValidateRequest="false" %>

The ValidateRequest part was even in prior versions too.  So I'm guessing you probably have that part.

Sorry, right now that's all that's coming to mind .....

Feb 3, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Yes, I checked the WidgetEditor.aspx, it is as above.

Not sure what to try next.

Feb 3, 2010 at 3:44 AM

Well I rebooted my computer, and also changed the ASP.net build from 4.0 back down to 2.0 and the issue has been resolved.

I think I will change the build to 3.0 and check it, and then 3.5 and then back to 4 and see what happens.

Feb 3, 2010 at 3:48 AM

Mystery solved, it works fine with ASP.net build 3.5 but does not work with 4.0.