I had played with BlogEngine 1.5 a few months ago. I set one up locally in version 1.5, created a theme, configured for sql server database.
I let it lie for a few months, and wanted to start working with it again. But couldn't remember the password I had used. So verified that there was an Admin user with an empty string for the password, and that there was a user role of 1 set up
When I go to log in, it won't accept an blank password. The validator kicks in and says "Password is required".
I then upgraded from 1.5 to 1.6, starting with just the 1.6 code. I copied over the SqlServer.config, updated the connection string, and ran the sql server 1.5 to 1.6 upgrade script, and copied over my theme. I got the gobblygook when I ran the
site, but a useful post said to set the application pool to Classic instead of Integrated, and that fixed that. However, i still can't use blank ast the Admin password.