Does Source Code check-ins differ?

May 7, 2007 at 10:54 PM
Hey guys,

I just have this weird question. I always believed that the latest source code "Change Set" must be the latest work of the whole team combined.

Is this true? or each person is working on his own version?
May 7, 2007 at 11:17 PM
I am only stating this because I noticed several differences. For example the file \admin\App_Code\Controls\script.js is found in "Change Set: 1958" and not in either 2054 or 2072. More specifically, I found that file in Oppositional's Check-ins and not in either RazorAnt's or madskristensen's.

Another example is some "Change sets" contain "Search Highlight" code while others don't.
Coordinator
May 8, 2007 at 3:04 AM
It looks like you are seeing something interesting, Korayem. Each change set should be the latest work of the whole team combined.

The example you gave, I believe you meant /App_code/Controls/Script.cs, was removed by Mads in change set 1963. So it should have been there in change set 1958, but not in the latest two (2054 and 2072).

I'm not sure about the Search Highlight code you mentioned. It doesn't sound familiar to me so I didn't know where to look for the deletion. If you could give me something more to go on, I'd appreciate it.

If you see something else specifically that doesn't match as you'd expect, please let us know. I'd be happy to research it to make sure everything in the code base is as we expect it.
Jun 21, 2007 at 12:14 PM
I finally found a difference. The App_GlobalResources has "labels.fr.resx" missing in Change set starting from 3227 while I had that file over from Change Set 3214 (the version I had on my blog prior to updating).