Discussions under General

Future of BlogEngine.net?

first post: HalfBakedLunatic wrote: It seems that the dotnetblogengine.net website is down ... and I se...

latest post: plykkegaard wrote: Source https://github.com/rxtur/BlogEngine.NET Site: http://dnbe.n...

Error loading (settings | packages ...)

first post: twoelfer2 wrote: hi. i have just installed a new instance of blogengine.net in mul...

latest post: twoelfer2 wrote: so it doesn't look like there's going to be any answer... however, ...

Images Disappearing from Posts

first post: bperniciaro wrote: Over the last couple of days I've seen a strange phenomenon where a...

MapRequestHandler + 404 on 3.3.5

first post: mseder wrote: Hi After having my new 3.3.5 blogengine working on my local serve...

latest post: mseder wrote: Solved! As already mentioned in the installation instructions, app...

Offline Message Composers

first post: DrunkenMonkey wrote: Are there any offline message writing software that supports blogen...

latest post: SimonBland wrote: LIke this? [https://richhewlett.com/2015/12/22/openlivewriter-vers...

Strange Behaviour after move

first post: jonniehack wrote: Hello. Having issues with my website and not sure what to do about...

latest post: SimonBland wrote: I had something similar to this happen to my instance. Make sure t...

Error 404 on files linked in a page with file manager

first post: ugosweb wrote: I've just upgraded to the latest version 3.3.5.0. In some pages th...

latest post: SimonBland wrote: Hi Ugo, I uploaded a spreadsheet to a new page on my own blog and ...

Add a menu item

first post: sircles wrote: Hello all, How would I add a menu item or link to the main menu i...

ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED when logged in

first post: ugosweb wrote: I've just upgraded to the latest version 3.3.5.0. When I'm logged ...

Blog Engine Admin pages blank

first post: gregoftheweb wrote: So this a weird one. My website shows all the pages under /admin ...

latest post: labcoatguy wrote: This also solved it for me: ... but only after I set trust level...

Multiple URLs send to same content - SEO Issues in BE 2.8

first post: kjenm wrote: I detected an issue in BE 2.8 related to duplicate content and SEO ...

latest post: fabry19dice wrote: Thanks Brian, i found solution for users of previous versions It'...

Working Redirect Rules: Lowercase, Year/Month/Day removal, HTTPS

first post: SimonBland wrote: I've spent a few days tuning the redirect rules on my blog site and...

System.web.Http.ApiController

first post: crenatoms wrote: Hi. What replaced the System.web.Http.ApiController in Framework ...

migrating from DNN to BlogEngine.NET?

first post: PHenry wrote: Hello, I'm new to BlogEngine.NET, currently migrating from DNN. Is ...

latest post: SimonBland wrote: You can import content which is in the BlogML format. From the Adm...

BlogEngine.NET "update failed"

first post: timc4 wrote: I am trying to install BlogEngine.NET v3.3.0.0 on Windows 2008R2. ...

Best way to migrate an install to https?

first post: marshill wrote: Would like to move my existing blogengine installation to HTTPS, is...

latest post: SimonBland wrote: No. You will need to add a redirect into your web.config file (in ...

Mono support

first post: MartinThwaites wrote: Hi All, I've been spending some time trying to get blogengine wor...

latest post: jradxl wrote: I've just got it working on Ubuntu 16.04, with HyperFastCgi. I wish...

Running blogengine.net on linux

first post: baronng wrote: Is it possible? I would like to run it on my synology NAS I can ...

latest post: jradxl wrote: I've just got it running on Ubuntu 16.04 Was a two day challenge......

Broken admin links

first post: reedcom wrote: Hello, I had BlogEngine.net 3.2 installed by my web host recentl...

latest post: AnthonyGrace wrote: Found solution here: https://blogengine.codeplex.com/discussions/6...

wrong relative URL

first post: aydie wrote: So, finally I managed to get the engine running as an application...

Can't register providers

first post: aydie wrote: Hi there, I'm currently setting up BE as a sub app of an MVC proj...

trying to connect new install to gmail server and getting error

first post: PHenry wrote: I'm new to BlogEngine.NET. I'm trying to set it up like I have my o...

latest post: PHenry wrote: AHA! I think I found the problem. No matter what settings I picked,...

answered by: PHenry wrote: AHA! I think I found the problem. No matter what settings I picked,...

Integrating Blog Engine 3.3 with existing site throws exception

first post: Adit_Tripathi wrote: I get the following exception while trying to integrate blog engine...

latest post: Adit_Tripathi wrote: Thanks, the solution worked..

answered by: SimonBland wrote: There are lots of other examples in this discussion forum where peo...

Can't change the author of a post.. Also, I don't have a users tab

first post: marshill wrote: When I hover over the author field inside a post-edit, I get a red ...

latest post: skrillac wrote: Thanks for sharing.

answered by: marshill wrote: In case anyone else has this issue, the install does not enable "mu...

2 Issues after upgrade: uploading photos and description field (see screenshots)

first post: marshill wrote: Hi everyone. I don't know how to upload photos to individual posts....

latest post: marshill wrote: ahh i see the issue, was using the wrong editor! all fixed.... :)

answered by: marshill wrote: ahh i see the issue, was using the wrong editor! all fixed.... :)

blogengine "Update Failed' error every time i add/update a blog post.

first post: ishtiaq_ahmed wrote: I am using blogengine's version 3.3.5.0 , But when i add a new post...

latest post: scrummie02 wrote: check to see if Mod Security for IIS or something simliar is runnin...

Search insights

first post: nickyboy wrote: Is it possible to get insights on the search results from a blog? ...

latest post: SimonBland wrote: I think this article will help you get started. If you get it up an...

No Export in 3.3.0?

first post: naspinski wrote: I can't seem to find Export in my settings anymore. It used to be ...

latest post: hugodahl wrote: If it can help anyone, as I was looking for the same feature as wel...

Reviews helps to buy the best custom thesis writing service

first post: Rosary wrote: When you make an attempt to hinge on the thesis writing services, y...

Cloud Tags Don't Show

first post: chobo2 wrote: Hi I imported my blog posts visa the import BlogML.xml file and e...

latest post: DavidRa wrote: 3.3.5 has the problem still - and yes, there are more than 10 activ...

HTTP error when accessing Admin pages (403 Forbidden error)

first post: Sounge wrote: I installed BlogEngine v3.0 on a Windows 2008 server, and things la...

latest post: SharepointMan wrote: I solved the problem here: https://blogengine.codeplex.com/discuss...

Setting up blog as virtual application

first post: SharepointMan wrote: I have setup the BLOG with default settings as a virtual directory....

latest post: SharepointMan wrote: I finally solved this. The problem occurs if the Parent site is a ...

CKEditor: editorSetHtml is not defined

first post: signwave6966 wrote: Hi Folks, I am trying to install ckeditor and am getting this err...

Deploy to Azure web app and authenticate against Office 365

first post: jlundstocholm wrote: Is it possible to deploy blogengine.net to an Azure web app and hav...

Looking for a Post Hit Counter and not a Visitor Counter

first post: galagerardo wrote: Hi All! I have a blog that shows nothing but business cards on Po...

latest post: sleedata wrote: Hi Everyone, Wanted to revive this. Can't seem to find this extens...

Performance Issues with Personal Blog

first post: hdietsch wrote: I am very new to asp.net but love your blog engine and I am curren...

latest post: hdietsch wrote: I literally slightly modified my Global.asax file to look like the ...

How to back up blog

first post: scrummie02 wrote: I want to transfer my posts to another instance to another. I have...

latest post: scrummie02 wrote: No one knows? There used to be a back up button.

Feature Request - Will pay!

first post: mhyde88 wrote: Hi, I need to send the content of my blog post via newsletter (not...

latest post: mhyde88 wrote: can i have your email to discuss this in more details please?

exclude post itself in the list of Related Posts

first post: robinliug wrote: The list of Related Posts should exclude post itself.

Client website

first post: a3984 wrote: Hi, Is the client side a ASP.NET MVC app or is there a HTML5/Angu...

Widget Zones not displaying in admin

first post: asherrick wrote: We deployed a new BE 3.3.0.1 install to a staging server (Win 2012)...

latest post: asherrick wrote: rtur, Did you see the details that I posted above? Do you know wha...

ASP.Net MVC

first post: scottjbaldwin wrote: I know this question has been asked before, but I was wondering if ...

Profile and Identity Features

first post: mjaspan wrote: Looking for any info on how to utilize meta-aggregators such as All...

Is blogengine dead?

first post: scrummie02 wrote: I haven't seen any commits or activity from Rtur in three months or...

latest post: scrummie02 wrote: Glad you're ok. I'm not a big developer so I can't help in that re...

Blank default page after deployment

first post: jerry62 wrote: I have BlogEngine.NET 3.3 working fine using VS 2013 and a localdb....

latest post: jerry62 wrote: Ok, so it seems that a couple of my Theme folders did not copy over...

Ability to open and debug on my localhost - Error CS5001 does not contain static main

first post: amito56 wrote: Just wondering if any one else had an issue opening the project in ...

Widgets Display at Bottom of Page Instead of Right Column on IE 11, Windows 7

first post: Lpeter80 wrote: On Standard-2015 theme, viewing IE 11 on Windows 7, I'm seeing all ...

File Extension is removed ! ! !

first post: oba1994 wrote: Hi, since the update to 3,3 whe have the Problem that the file Ext...

latest post: oba1994 wrote: You have to download the Code Version (https://github.com/rxtur/Blo...

answered by: oba1994 wrote: Solution: Within the "Solution" (Blogengine.Core) i found the Blog...

Sitemap

first post: fdumaine wrote: Hello! I'm looking how to setup my blog with the search engine. ...

latest post: mjaspan wrote: Here is the answer to your question: https://blogengine.codeplex.c...

Exporting Blog - Migration to another platform in BlogEngine 3.3

first post: BartoszBear wrote: Greetings. I'm using Blog Engine 3.3 for a while and I would like ...

i cant save anything

first post: hocer wrote: i am setup a new blogengine site. its works. but i log a admin us...

latest post: leof wrote: Each time I ran in this kind of issues, it always was a permission ...

Join to Microsoft

first post: iSaad wrote: Hello, dotnetblogengine team, Please send request to Microsoft dev...

Captcha in Contact Section?

first post: chobo2 wrote: Hi Is it possible to add a captcha in the contact section? Thanks

BlogEngine.Net on .Net Core 1.0 / ASP.NET Core 1.0

first post: baronng wrote: May I know if BlogEngine.Net is moving to ASP.Net Core 1.0, which m...

Category Issues

first post: MajinFro wrote: I downloaded the 3.3 zip, installed it on my hosting, and changed t...

BlogEngine 3.3 after upgrade posts prior to April 2012 Display Home Page

first post: tsjensen wrote: I've tried turning off custom errors and no error is happening. The...

latest post: tsjensen wrote: Found the problem and solution. To support slugs with a "+" rather ...

answered by: tsjensen wrote: Found the problem and solution. To support slugs with a "+" rather ...

How to link my own Twitter/Facebook to blog?

first post: wd331 wrote: Hi all, this is really a newbie question. Under my blog's tittle on...

latest post: TimWappat wrote: Login to your admin panel. Custom>>Themes On your selected theme ...

Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.

first post: Derstine wrote: Hi, i am new to asp.net and i want to setup my blog using the frame...

Add paypal donation/subscription link issues

first post: mhyde88 wrote: Hi, I've created a new page on my blog, and i'm trying to add som...

Contact Us page get callback error

first post: robinliug wrote: I am using blogengine V3.3. 0.0 the Contact Us page get callback ...

Please help.

first post: mhyde88 wrote: Hi, I've re-worded this to try and get a solution. I'm using Bl...

latest post: mhyde88 wrote: Thank you so much!!! This is exactly what i needed.

BE 1.6 file upload security vulnerabilities?

first post: asherrick wrote: We have a client with a BE 1.6 site that appears to have some kind ...

Change role after user is created?

first post: mhyde88 wrote: I cant seem to find anywhere in the dashboard to change a user's ro...

Error when Installing

first post: jorbjo wrote: I downloaded the web installation zip for v 3.3 and installed it on...

Dashboard not loading and a problem with live writer

first post: oba1994 wrote: Hi, we use Blogengine.Net since some years an we are now on the Ve...

latest post: oba1994 wrote: ok Thank you. The first Problem is solved. I moved the Posts to a S...

Error updating to 3.2

first post: TommyB83 wrote: Hello, I have a problem updating the blogengine from 3.1.0.1 to 3...

latest post: rtur wrote: That doesn't give much either, basically all I know is that you upg...

Blog post in a web site home page

first post: Boscagoo wrote: Hello, I would like to place (or better, integrate) in my home page...

latest post: rtur wrote: This is something to ask on generic site like [stack overflow](http...

BE v2.9 instance compromised

first post: bflentje wrote: I figured out today while upgrading from 2.9 to 3.2 that at some po...

latest post: bflentje wrote: Thanks. Always applied patches and updates for the major version I ...

Newbie Adding Users to Users.xml

first post: coupondad wrote: HOW DO I ADD A USER? I must be dumb but when I add users to users....

latest post: rtur wrote: https://github.com/rxtur/BlogEngine.NET/wiki/Configuration

multiple post editors with permissions

first post: paugo wrote: I need to authorize the post created by users

New post with custom fields

first post: vaczig wrote: Hi, How can I achieve that if I create a new post it automatically ...

latest post: vaczig wrote: Hi rtur, Thank you for your answer. I would try to implement it if ...

using [more] in post but not showing More...

first post: jrabarton wrote: Seems silly but I have written a post about the house styles for wr...

Import/Export in 3.2

first post: JohnBlumstein wrote: Hmmm .. import/export functions are gone???

latest post: abhilashca wrote: I was trying to upgrade from BE v2.8 to BE v3.2. For that I exporte...

answered by: rtur wrote: Check under admin/#/settings/advanced - advanced options including ...

BlogEngine with MS SQL DB

first post: Boscagoo wrote: Hello, I have some issues create a BlogEngine with MS SQL. I have B...

Publish date is in the future.

first post: Serhiy1010 wrote: Publish date is in the future how to fix that publish datetime equa...

latest post: Serhiy1010 wrote: I set time zone to -8 but i can see post only after 8 hours.Server ...

Not display posts on blog homepage.

first post: Serhiy1010 wrote: Not display posts on blog homepage if i not signed in, i see only l...

latest post: Serhiy1010 wrote: Thank you)

answered by: rtur wrote: Means post is unpublished or publish date is in the future.

Upgrade not working properly

first post: stevec68 wrote: I upgraded to 3.2 blogengine and fortunately backed up as the upgra...

BE 3.0.0.0 does not send Newsletter Notifications when new post published

first post: jerrysdean43 wrote: When I publish a new post it does not show up in the Recent Posts b...

latest post: daveharney wrote: Hi Jerrysdean43, I've read 535336 a couple of times and tried the ...

answered by: jerrysdean43 wrote: Here is the fix for the Newsletter Widget when using the SimpleBlog...

Can't access dashboard after publish to WinHost

first post: daveharney wrote: I have 3.2.04 working very well on my local machine - VS2015 not SQ...

latest post: daveharney wrote: Ah... I should have known because I need to do this for all my proj...

Widget wont display after upgrade.

first post: jonniehack wrote: After upgrading to 3.2.0.1 my website will not display the search w...

latest post: jcaldicott wrote: Thanks for posting a workaround, fixed for me too. I copied the fi...

answered by: leof wrote: Just download the Blogengine 3.2.0 files again. You'll find them in...

Enabling iis rewrite causes /images to be inaccessible

first post: Chad_vega wrote: We enabled iis rewrite to remove the .aspx from the url but now we ...

latest post: Chad_vega wrote: you are awesome! thanks!

New user added (possibly by hacking)

first post: lokinshah wrote: Hi, I am using BlogEngine for http://connect.lokinshah.com/, just t...

latest post: lokinshah wrote: Thanks, I will upgrade it ASAP..

Only show post preview on the homepage

first post: nickyboy wrote: Hi guys, I'm pretty new to blogengine.net, all looks pretty great...

latest post: nickyboy wrote: Thx Guys that did the trick !

comment box

first post: munendra wrote: Hi, I was just wondering if only the comment box is shown for a log...

latest post: robinliug wrote: just share my code for this: var fullname = ""; var name =...

Server Error in '/' Application

first post: avanmeer wrote: ** Update I moved this to the appropriate thread under Issues. htt...

Multi blog configuration on 3.2.0.0

first post: rfennell wrote: I have done an upgrade of a 3.1.0.0 site that support multiple blog...

latest post: danielserafimovik wrote: tnx @rfennell for your answer I think it is going to be big change ...

answered by: rtur wrote: Check this first: https://github.com/rxtur/BlogEngine.NET/wiki/Conf...

Onclick not working/removed in <A href>

first post: Webeye wrote: Hi all, Just upgrade to the new version. Looking good! But when...

WinHost sites

first post: rtur wrote: If your blog is on the WinHost and dog slow or inaccessible today, ...

RSS icons not showing up

first post: scrummie02 wrote: Below is a link to the issue I'm having. http://imgur.com/LfPb2li ...

latest post: scrummie02 wrote: I have this in the .CSS /*[18.CategoryList]*/ .categorylist ul li {...

Upgrade from 2.9.1.0 to 3.2.0.3 - Files Folder

first post: SURFThru wrote: I have 4 blogs at 2.9.1.0 and I started the upgrade process. All t...

latest post: rtur wrote: No problem, glad it worked out for you.

answered by: SURFThru wrote: I corrected the issue. The problem was that I was testing the upgr...

Access to path .....NuGet.Config' is denied.

first post: leof wrote: I find these errors in the logfile: BlogEngine.Core.Packaging.Load:...

Rich text editor

first post: iSaad wrote: thanks for support Persian. but still there is a problem. in 'post'...

latest post: rtur wrote: We using [TinyMCE](https://www.tinymce.com) as text editor, you wou...

Deleted post still there

first post: leof wrote: I have being nagged by a person commenting over and over again the ...

latest post: leof wrote: Purging the Trashcan was the solution.

Deleted comments: Do they remain in posts?

first post: leof wrote: As the title says: When I open the XML-file of a post, I can see so...

latest post: leof wrote: Thanks!

Compromised Blog

first post: fstanek wrote: So I just visited my blog today and noticed that a prompt comes up ...

latest post: fstanek wrote: By the way... The hackers were successful in hacking my site furth...

Blogengine 3.2.0.3 mobil theme?

first post: volkanatabey wrote: Mobil theme support?

latest post: rtur wrote: No longer, moved to responsive themes.

Database backup? 3.2.0.3?

first post: volkanatabey wrote: database backup?

Error loading users

first post: leof wrote: That's the message I get when I try to open Profiles or Users in th...

latest post: leof wrote: Found the cause: wrong permissions on App_Data.

Upgrade to 3.2 via dashboard error

first post: fstanek wrote: I attempted to upgrade to v3.2 via the dashboard (the automated met...

latest post: rtur wrote: File I/O gives a lot of surprises, some files getting locked, speci...

Syntax Highlighter for 3.2

first post: mrtaikandi wrote: Are there any good syntax highlighter (for C#, HTML,5 TypeScript,.....

latest post: mrtaikandi wrote: Awesome! Thanks.

answered by: rtur wrote: Check the sample site: http://zoo.azurewebsites.net/post/source-cod...